The Public Works Department would like to give notice to the public that a representative contractor of the Towns’ pavement engineer, VHB, will be conducting road surveys throughout Town in the next couple of weeks. This will be a vehicle taking pictures and recording road conditions. The vehicle will have door emblems with the VHB logo, and should not be any interruption to traffic. Thank you for your patience while we work toward our goal of improving the roadway system.
Connecticut Water Company – update
• We continue to explore every opportunity for additional water supply.
• We are currently installing a remote meter reading system in Hebron. We are looking for a site to mount a 10’ fiberglass antenna. Thanks for being open to installing this at the safety complex. Once we complete our propagation study I will contact you to further discuss the specifics.
• We will be extending the water main on the property of Country Manor to the edge of Wall Street. We are planning to install a fire hydrant on Wall St at this location. I will send you a separate email that gives the specifics and the authorization form for the fire billing charges.
• Three pilot wells have been drilled near our existing Hebron Center wells. The output and water quality of these wells is being evaluated.
• We have secured an option to access to property off Wall Street. Our engineering and well drilling contractors have been evaluating drilling locations and the drilling of pilot wells will be initiated as soon as possible. Land clearing will begin this week.
• The Hebron Harvest Fair starts on September 6th and we anticipate an increase in water demand. The fair is not supplied by our water systems, but we anticipate the influx of visitors will likely generate more activity in the community, including at restaurants and retail outlets.
• The mandatory outdoor watering ban remains in effect and is necessary to ensure there is adequate water for domestic use and public fire protection.
Connecticut Water Company